Making Your Media Matter 2010
Making Your Media Matter is a conference for established and aspiring filmmakers, non-profit communications leaders, funders and students looking to learn and share cutting-edge practices for making their media matter.
Fee $100, Students $50
Thursday, February 11
4:30-5:30 Registration and Demos
5:30 Welcome from CSM Director Pat Aufderheide
5:35 Introduction by CSM Associate Director Alison Hanold
5:45 Social Media 22
6:15 Keynote: Strategic Design in Social Issue Media
- Keynoters: Pamela Yates and Paco de Onis, Filmmakers of The Reckoning
Friday, February 12 9am-6pm
9:00 Registration and Demos
- Continental Breakfast
9:45 Welcome from CSM Director Pat Aufderheide
10:00-11:30 Strategic from the Start - Developing synergies to build your conversation
- Moderator: Lisa Smithline, Cultural Front Productions
- Meg McLagan, Director of Lioness
- Patrice O'Neill, Producer of Not in Our Town
- Dennis Palmieri, ITVS
- Debra Koffler, Conscious Youth Media Crew
11:30-11:45 Raffle & Shout-outs
11:45-12:50 Lunch (with round table ethics discussions)
1:00-1:15 Reports from lunch discussions
1:15-2:00 Honest Truths: Documentary Ethics In Practice
- Group Discussion with Pat Aufderheide
2:00 Networking break
2:30-3:00 Spotlight Stand Up on new tools and research
- Impact measurement tools: Jessica Clark, Center for Social Media
- Funders' Approaches: Alyce Myatt, Grantmakers in Film + Electronic Media
- Going Green: Larry Engel, American University
- Working with Nonprofits: Shaady Salehi, Active Voice
3:00 Meet the Presenters, Visit the Demos
3:30-5:00 Fiction for change: How are narrative films making a difference?
- Moderator: Claudia Myers, American University
- Lisa Cortes, Producer, Precious
- John Schreiber, Participant Media
- Sebastian Dungan, Producer, Transamerica
Where: American University's Katzen Arts Center
4400 Massachusetts Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20016
When: February 11-12, 2010
Accommodations and Directions
Georgetown Holiday Inn (be sure to mention you're part of the conference at American University for a reduced rate)
Campus Map (Katzen Arts Center located on corner of Nebraska and Massachusetts)
To learn more about Making Your Media Matter, read the Rapporteur's Report from the 2009 conference here.
Links to our Partners
This year's theme, "Storytelling across Platforms," focuses on today's evolving media world...
Making Your Media Matter 2010: Strategic from the Start--Developing Synergies to Build Your ConversationLisa Smithline of Cultural Front Productions moderated this panel--which included Patrice O'Neill,...
Alyce Myatt, Executive Director of Grantmakers in Film + Electronic Media; Jessica Clark, Director...